Staying fit while working in an office can be difficult. With long hours, tight deadlines and cubicle life, it’s easy to let our physical health slip. This is especially true if one of your New Years Resolutions is to adopt a more healthy or fitness based lifestyle. But with a few simple adjustments, we can stay healthy and productive in our workplace. Here are some tips for staying fit in the office:
Sitting in a chair all day is not only uncomfortable and tedious, it’s also bad for your body. Taking regular breaks throughout the day to get up and move around will help stretch out tense muscles, reduce tension headaches, and improve circulation. Try getting out of your seat every 30 minutes or so for a few minutes of stretching and exercise. Consider trading your standard desk for a standing workstation where you can move around more and gain further benefits such as improving your posture and concentration.
It’s easy to reach for unhealthy snacks when we’re busy, so be prepared! Whether it’s a piece of fruit or some nuts, having nutritious snacks handy throughout the day will keep you feeling full and energized instead of reaching for unhealthy snacks that could take away from vital daily productivity. Packing snacks in advance will also save time—so grab an apple on your way out the door in the morning!
Exercise During Lunch
Use your lunch break to squeeze in some exercise! This could be a quick jog around the block or going to the gym. Finding time for exercise during a busy workday can be challenging. But with a few simple steps, you can incorporate physical activity into your lunch break and reap the rewards. Here are three tips to help you stay fit at the office:
- Take a walk: One of the easiest ways to keep moving during your lunch break is to simply take a brisk walk around the office or in the nearby neighbourhood. This will not only provide you with a great opportunity to clear your head and reset, it’ll also give your body some much-needed energy.
- Join a lunchtime spin class: Many gyms offer classes that meet during lunchtime or at other convenient times so you can get an energizing workout without having to devote too much extra time away from the office. Look for classes that are short, high-energy and make use of equipment available in your workplace if possible.
- Do bodyweight exercises at your desk: If you really don’t have time to leave the office then try using furniture or bookshelves as improvised weights for push-ups, planks, squats and other bodyweight exercises while seated at your desk or on a chair! These can be done just about anywhere–so no excuses!
By making exercise part of your lunch hour routine, you’ll not only give yourself more energy throughout the day—you’ll find it easier to focus when it’s time to get back to work! Give these tips a try and see how reviving even just 15 minutes of exercise during your break can do wonders for mind and body!
With more and more of us spending long hours in the office, it’s important to find ways to stay active and healthy while we’re at work. That’s why desk yoga is such a great option! With just a few simple stretching exercises, you can give your body the break it needs without having to take too much time away from your desk. Here are three tips for how to practice desk yoga:
- Start with some deep breathing: Take a few moments to do some deep breathing exercises before you begin your desk yoga routine. This will help clear your mind, relax your muscles and get your body ready for movement.
- Try some seated stretches: There are many stretches you can do while sitting at your desk or chair that will help keep your spine flexible and stretch out tense muscles. Cat/Cow, shoulder rolls and neck rotations are all excellent options!
- Stand up for gentle standing poses: Standing poses like tree pose or warrior II are great for improving balance and stability as well as giving tired legs a break from sitting down all day long. Just make sure you have enough space around you not to bump into anything! By setting aside just five minutes each day for simple stretches, you can reap the benefits of desk yoga and feel energized even during long days at the office!
These simple tips will ensure that you stay healthy and productive throughout the workday.
Remember: Stay active for success!